Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Financing Terrorism (CFT) Services
Are you an organisation who needs to demonstrate compliance with AML/CFT requirements? You may be a financial services institution, a blockchain / crypto organisation, lawyers/conveyancers, real estate agents, accountants, etc.
Ask yourself the following:
- Do I have a robust AML/CFT Risk Assessment and/or AML/CFT Programme?
- Do I operationally comply with my AML/CFT Programme?
- Do I need an audit of my AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme?
- Do I need to remediate deficiencies in my AML/CFT Risk Assessment and/or AML/CFT Programme?
- Do I have an AML/CFT Compliance Officer?
- Do I have an effective way to perform customer identification verification?
We can help you meet your AML/CFT obligations. We provide the following services:
- Strategy, Framework, RoadMap, Gap Analysis
AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme Creation: We can provide you advice in the creation of your AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme to ensure it is robust and meets regulatory requirements, or we can create the AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme for you saving you time.
AML/CFT Pre-Audit Readiness Assessment: We can provide a pre-audit readiness assessment of your AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme before your AML/CFT auditor shows up to help you better understand if your AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme is adequately designed and operating effectively to meet your regulatory obligations. This gives you an opportunity to address areas that may need remediation BEFORE the AML/CFT auditor shows up.
- AML/CFT Audit: If we were not involved with the creation of your AML/CFT Risk Assessment, then we can be your AML/CFT auditor and perform the required procedures and report required by regulations.
- AML/CFT Post-Audit Remediation Assessment: We can provide a post-audit remediation assessment of your AML/CFT Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme to help you address the observations identified by your AML/CFT auditor. We can help provide pragmatic advice on potential solutions to help you remediate the observations and/or help you implement solutions in order to become compliant.
- In-sourced / Out-sourced AML/CFT Compliance Officer: We can provide assistance to your in-house AML/CFT Compliance Officer or we can be your AML/CFT Compliance Officer. In order to comply with regulatory requirements, many jurisdictions require the Compliance Officer to be an employee of your organisation. We can provide a resource to be a part of your team as the in-house AML/CFT Compliance Officer (as an employee of your organisation on a part-time or full-time basis) while still having access to our services and knowledge. If you already have an in-house AML/CFT Compliance Officer, we can provide support to your existing team and become an extension of your compliance function giving you access to the skills and knowledge you need as you need it.
- AML/CFT and KYC (Know Your Customer) Verification: While it is important to have the AML/CFT Programme in place, you need to ensure that you are following the programme. One of the key components of an AML/CFT Programme is to assess your Customer Due Diligence. You will need to verify the identify of your customers, and depending on your jurisdiction, you will have specific requirements for identification such as Full Name, Date of Birth, Residential Address, Beneficiaries, Directors/Partners/Executives/Trustees, Source of Funds, and Source of Wealth. We can help you navigate the process and understand if your customers need to be put through Standard, Simplified, or Enhanced Customer Due Diligence, and help you comply with regulatory guidance for face-to-face, certifiers, agents, or electronic verification. As a chartered accountancy, we can certify documents for you, as appropriate. Alternatively, we can help take your customer’s identification documentation and verify the documentation against independent data sources to electronically verify the customer’s identity and compare against databases for politically exposed persons / sanctions.
We are here to help you comply with your AML/CFT obligations.